You may ask why I called this grill recipe Boater’s Delight. It is easy to prepare on the boat, easy to clean up, and tastes great. In addition, it is a low calorie, low carb recipe for your healthy life style!
- 6 ounce portions of salmon or other thick fish
- Garlic powder
- Montreal Steak Seasoning (not the fish or chicken or the low sodium – this one tastes best)
- Dried Minced Garlic
- Dried Minced Onion
This is how I prepare much of my fish. Of course, salmon is the favorite. The natural oil makes it moist and rich, but this will work just as well with other thick fish.
On a plate (you can use a paper plate), sprinkle lots of garlic powder, a tiny amount of McCormicks Montreal Steak Seasoning, and some shakes of dried minced garlic and dried minced onion.
Take your piece of fish and dip the bottom and sides. On the top, put a layer of garlic powder, small amount of McCormick’s Montreal Steak (it has a lot of salt, so be sparing), then some more garlic powder and some minced garlic.
Spray PAM on the grill so it doesn’t stick and grill to desired level
1) The guy at the fish counter will most likely remove the skin for no additional charge.
2) If you like this, better get the big bottles of garlic powder, etc.
3) This works well for boneless chicken breasts also, but cut down the amount of seasoning a bit if you have a thin one.
This recipe is kid tested (especially the chicken one)!